“It comes to us as no surprise that this type of intelligence agency-grade malware would eventually fall into cybercriminals’ hands,” Sentinel Labs states. “Gyges is an early example of how advanced techniques and code developed by governments for espionage are effectively being repurposed, modularized and coupled with other malware to commit cybercrime.”
Read more about Cyber Security
- What is Next Generation Endpoint Protection?
- The Complete Guide to MITRE’s 2020 ATT&CK Evaluation
- Top 10 Telegram Cybersecurity Groups You Should Join
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework (Engenuity): Carbanak & FIN7 Evaluation Results
- Detecting Malware Pre-execution with Static Analysis and Machine Learning
- macOS Big Sur Has Landed | 10 Essential Security Tips You Should Know